Retail freezers nationwide are equipped with two compressors each operating at -20°F or below to maintain ice cream below zero. During warm seasons, there is an increased cooling requirement that overloads the compressors causing one of them to fail.
- The freezer is not able to maintain the ice cream frozen
- The risk of second compressor failure increases due to excessive loads
- The cost of purchasing and installing a new compressor overnight is very expensive
- Moving ice cream to a storage freezer is labor-intensive and cumbersome
for Retail Freezers
PCM Cold Battery
RGEES offers a PCM COLD BATTERY that provides thermal backup for retail freezers. The Cold Battery is comprised of savENRG® ICE Packs. These are eutectic plates filled with a phase change material that solidifies and melts at -15°F (-26°C) A large amount of thermal energy is stored and released during phase change while the temperature remains stable between -15°F to 0°F. The quantity of savENRG® ICE Packs is determined by the BTU capacity of the compressor.
The savENRG® Ice Packs are charged to a solid-state in a -20°F flash freezer for 24 hours or more. Once fully charged, they are placed horizontally within the air circulation chamber under the ice cream pans. Ice Packs should be cleaned and recharged every 3 to 4 days.
With the addition of a Cold Battery to a freezer case, it will provide adequate thermal backup to maintain ice cream frozen even if one of the compressors fails. During normal operations, the load on compressors will reduce, which will result in significantly less noise, a reduced cost of compressor maintenance, and a reduced risk of compressor failures.
- Economical and safe thermal backup
- Reduction in repair and maintenance costs
- Significant energy savings
- Increased sales due to minimal equipment failure
- Minimizes compressor loss
- Life: more than 5 years
Super cold and efficient
They work amazing and are much better than buying dry ice all the time!
– Josh Cristensen, Cold Stone Creamery & Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Logan, Utah
Highly Recommended as Thermal Backup!
The Cold Battery is extremely easy to handle in my Cold Stone Creamery, and when charged in the blast at -25 degrees it essentially acts as dry ice that can be used over and over again. Additionally, summer of 2016 was the first summer when my compressor worked without failure! That’s the savings of few thousand already!
– Chad Eads, President, Cooler South Enterprises, LLC.
COLD STONE CREAMERY LOCATIONS WITH SAVENRG COLD BATTERIES
# 2339, High Point, NC
# 20132, Logan, Utah
# 20181, Scottsdale, AZ
# 20980, N Charleston, SC
# 21511, Greenville, SC
# 21849, Baton Rouge, LA
# 22157, Asheville, NC
# 22158, Asheville, NC
# 23000, Fort Stewart, GA
# 23126, Vernal, Utah
SAVENRG PCM COLD BATTERIES
Technical and Sales Support: (828) 708-7178
We also provide custom solutions with the PCM quantity and pack size
to meet the holdover time for your shipping needs.
Download, complete and email our