savENRG® Phase Change Material (PCM) products provide precise temperature control for thermal packaging solutions. These Phase Change Material products store thermal energy as latent heat to provide temperature control for long durations during shipping and storage of biological, pharmaceutical, medicinal, and life science products.
How does savENRG® PCM control temperature?
PCM stores thermal energy as a combination of sensible and latent heat. During the process of phase change between solid to liquid or liquid to solid, thermal energy is absorbed or released. The temperature at phase change remains constant. This phenomenon provides Phase Change Materials the unique capability to control the temperature at its phase change temperature. The duration of temperature control is directly dependent on the volumetric latent heat.
What are the typical applications of savENRG® PCM in temperature-controlled packaging?
- Frozen below -20°C
- Frozen below -5°C
- Freeze Protection above 0°C
- Refrigerated +2 to +8°C
- Freeze Protection above +15°C
- Overheat protection below +25°C
- Incubation at body temperature +37°C
What are the benefits of using savENRG® PCM?
- Environment-friendly phase change material
- It is an all year round product
- High thermal energy storage capacity
- It will significantly lower shipping cost
- It offers a safe and reusable alternative for dry ice
savENRG® PHASE CHANGE MATERIALS (PCM) SPECIFICATIONS
Understanding PCM part number
HS: Hydrated Salt ; OM: Organic Material
XXN: Negative phase change temperature in °C ; XXP: Positive phase change temperature in °C